Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 200+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.
'To continuously raise the bar for safety and customer satisfaction while demonstrating an uncommon ability to execute under the most challenging circumstances and the most difficult client requirements'.
Purpose of the job:
Berry Aviation, Inc. operates a fleet of four U.S. Army LUH-72/EC-145 helicopters and two SA-227C Metroliners in support of the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site located on Kwajalein Atoll, Republic of the Marshall Islands approximately 2,200 miles southwest of Hawaii.
Specifically, this role will assist a team in maintaining Berry’s fleet of Fairchild Metro liner III aircrafts. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete the launch and recovery of the aircraft for scheduled and unscheduled flights.
- Performs general aircraft maintenance on supported aircraft (to include aircraft washes and corrosion control).
- Performs daily engine compressor washes in accordance with manufacturers and local instructions.
- Complies with maintenance tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead.
- Accurately documents all maintenance tasks performed on the supported aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and local procedures.
- Completes the necessary paperwork for part turn-in.
- Assists other mechanics with general aircraft maintenance tasks as required.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping procedures to ensure a clean work area.
- Complies with requirements for control of tools and parts.
- Responsible for providing on-the-job training to other mechanics as needed.
- Attend training classes and actively pursue on-the-job training on the aircraft.
- May be required to act as a lead or supervisor for short or long periods of time in the absence of those personnel (as assigned by the Manager, Flight Maintenance).
- May be required to obtain and hold a RII or TI certification as required by the Manager, Flight Maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a one-year contract, unaccompanied position, room, and meals provided. This contract is subject to renewal
Working in the Marshall Islands include:
US Federal tax-free income, small town America atmosphere, no cars (ride bikes everywhere), no rent, no utility bills, meals provided, golfing, diving, snorkeling, fishing, pristine warm south pacific waters, sailing, beaching, swimming, craft shop. Medical, dental, life insurance, 401k.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
For additional information:
Click here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to view the 'EEO is the Law poster.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf to view the 'EEO is the Law' supplemental poster.