Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Purpose of the job:
Serve as Medic on-board aircraft operating under FAA Part 135 flight rules on a government contract in OCONUS Operations, providing passenger/cargo transport as well as casualty evacuation and aerial delivery support of the government client in an austere environment.
Incumbent will be responsible for providing medical treatment to patients on the ground and in flight as assigned by the company and the government customer.
List of Duties:
- Medical personnel shall provide critical care NREMT-Paramedic level care determined necessary for life support during Casualty Evacuation (CASEVAC) aircraft missions.
- Medical personnel will document all patient care provided during each CASEVAC mission on standard company forms
- Medical personnel will maintain/oversee/manage and keep secure all medical equipment, medical supplies and controlled substances. Additionally, medical personnel will make all required reports as required by the contract and the supervising physician
- Medical personnel will supervise and assist with proper loading and unloading of patients and medical equipment on and off the aircraft
- Medical personnel will communicate critical patient data to aircraft crew members, ground support personnel, regional management/dispatch and supervising physician as necessary.
- Medical personnel will provide Berry Aviation in country staff routine medical treatment/assessments.
- Medical personnel may assist/be trained as a Load Master crew member and perform those duties on routine flights where no medical care is being provided to a patient.
- Communicate routinely with on site management personnel on any issues with regard to safety of flight, medical equipment/supplies maintenance status, flight crew status, operational communication issues, customer concerns or personnel issues.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.